Cook v. Wall (2009)
Category: Criminal Justice
A federal lawsuit alleging that correctional officials have engaged in a pattern of unconstitutional harassment against inmate Jason Cook after he publicly criticized Department of Corrections’ mail policies and sought legal assistance from the ACLU.
Cooperating Attorneys: DeLuca and Weizenbaum, Ltd.
- Lawsuit (Cook v. Wall)
- Ruling (Cook v. Wall)
- Report and Recommendation (Cook v. Wall)
- Plaintiff's Memorandum of Law in Support of his Reply to Defendants' Objection to the Magistrate Judge's Report and Recommendation
- Plaintiff's Objection to Defendants' Motion to Dismiss or, in the Alternative, for Summary Judgment
Related News Releases
- Nov 05, 2015 - ACLU Settles Suit on Behalf of ACI Inmate Retaliated Against for Criticizing Prison Policies
- Mar 01, 2013 - Judge Rules that Retaliation Lawsuit Against Department of Corrections Can Proceed
- Apr 09, 2009 - ACLU Sues Department of Corrections for Retaliating Against Inmate Who Criticized Prison Policies