Calderon v. Nielsen (2018)
Category: Active Case Discrimination Racial/Ethnic Discrimination Due Process Fair Administration of Justice Immigration
About This Case:
This is petition for writ of habeas corpus on behalf of ICE detainee Lilian Calderon, 30, a Rhode Islander and Guatemalan immigrant mother of two who came to the U.S. when she was 3.
In April, the ACLU filed a separate class action lawsuit challenging the Trump administration’s pattern of separating married couples and families pursuing lawful immigration status. The lead plaintiff in the lawsuit is Lilian Calderon.
On February 13, Lilian was released from ICE detention while her case is pending.
Adriana Lafaille, Matt Segal - ACLU of Massachusetts
- The Petition (February 2018)
- The Judge's Order (February 2018)
- Letter to Secretary Nielsen (February 2018)
- Additional Judge's Order (February 2018)
- Response to Application for Stay of Deportation (February 2018)
- Judge Wolf Order Requesting Info From ICE (February 2018)
- Class Action Lawsuit (April 2018)
- Affidavit of New FOD (June 2018)
Related News Releases
- Jun 29, 2018 - ICE Says it May Arrest And Detain Immigrants Showing up for Interviews to Change Legal Status
- Apr 11, 2018 - ACLU Files Class Action Lawsuit on Behalf of Immigrant Couples Torn Apart by ICE
- Feb 21, 2018 - ICE Cites “Lack of Child Care Issues” and “Availability of Bed Space” As Reasons for Detention
- Feb 16, 2018 - Judge Demands Explanation on Why ICE Detained Rhode Island Mother of Two
- Feb 13, 2018 - RI Mother of Two Released from ICE Detention Following ACLU Lawsuit
- Feb 06, 2018 - ACLU Sues to Release Mother of Two From ICE Detention